"Tideswell is a very peaceful place and Merman Farm made an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding area. Very high standards and welcoming hosts."
Mr & Mrs Lees, South Croydon
"The space and layout of the house was good for a large group of mixed ages. The large paddock was good for power kiting and playing ball games."
Mr Kirkham, Harrogate
"Excellent property, accommodated ten in comfort. Good location. Highly recommended."
Mrs Furby, Appleby-in-Westmorland
"Excellent accommodation for our family. The boys loved the nearby play area/swings. Location near but not in the village - easy access, no noise!"
Mr Glanfield, Solihull
"Fabulous, thank you. Great for a large group; warm and cosy and loads of hot water. Fire effective. Thoroughly enjoyed by everyone!"
Ms Crisfield, Skipton
5 Bedrooms | 3 Ensuites + main bathroom | Pet friendly (2) | AGA (gas) | Wood burner | Wi-fi
There is a French oak kitchen with feature brick fireplace with built-in Aga, a spacious sitting room with woodburning stove and large flat screen TV, and a small patio area, ideal for sitting out. A spacious, enclosed lawn area is 25m away, adjoining a one-acre paddock for exercising your dog, while the delights of Tideswell are close by. Enjoy excellent walking in the area or visit the nearby spa town of Buxton. A wonderful holiday location. BOOK NOW
Accommodation in detail
- Five bedrooms:
- 2 x super kingsize doubles (zip/link - can be twin on request) with ensuite (shower, basin & WC).
- 1 x double.
- 1 x twin (2' 6' wide singles) with ensuite (shower, basin & WC).
- 1 x twin with additional staker bed (on request, under 16's).
- 1 x single bed in Attic room with two velux windows.
- Main bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC.
- Ground floor basin, WC & shower for washing dogs.
- Free standing kitchen with Aga & adjoining utility room and snug.
- Dining room (seats 10).
- Sitting room (seats 10) with woodburner stove.
- Attic room is also a games area with board games & built-in washing machine.
- Full gas central heating, woodburning stove in sitting room.
- Gas fired Aga, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher.
- 7 x colour TVs with 42" flat screen TV in sitting room with Sky movies & Sports, DVD and CD.
- Free Wireless Broadband
- Fuel, power & logs for woodburner inc. in rent.
- Bed linen inc. in rent. 2 Cots & 2 highchairs avaliable on request.
- Off road parking for 5 cars. Lockable bike storage.
- Patio with furniture & BBQ, separate enclosed lawned area 25m from cottage, adjoining one-acre paddock for exercising your dog and outdoor activities.
- 2 well behaved pets welcome.
- Sorry no smoking.
- Shops & pubs 4 mins walk.
"Beautifully furnished. The AGA was the focal point for everyone, cooked a leg of pork to perfection!"
Mrs Baker, Cradley Heath
"We loved everything! The cottage was lovely and the little welcoming touches of mince pies and a bottle of wine were perfect. We had very snowy weather but Merman Farm felt so warm and welcoming to come back to after a long walk on the hills. We would definitely recommend to friends and hope to return ourselves in the future."
Mrs Allan, Hessle
"A great place to spend time with extended family. Tideswell is a good place to be based for the Peak District."
Mrs Proctor, Bury St. Edmunds
"Fantastic property for our family get-together. Beautifully maintained, spacious and comfortable. Owners were very helpful and friendly."
Mrs Ashley, Colchester
"A lovely area for walking, Merman Farm suited us very well, and the owners were very helpful."
Mr Bridge, Malvern